Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mercy's Bed

Have you ever had a good laugh when someone gets the lyrics wrong to a well known song?  I am that someone.


You know that song, "All you need is Love"?  Well, at the beginning the Beatles sing the word love repeatedly.  But, it sounds just like the word "blah".  It does.  Listen again.  So, I've always sung, "blah blah blah" instead of "love love love".  Obviously the beautiful meaning of the song is lost on me.


There are others but the saddest realization to me was when I discovered that there is no "Mercy's Bed" in the song "Octopus' Garden".  That was my favorite line in the whole song!  What a beautiful picture, of being safe, with only those who love you and being able to rest your head on a bed of mercy.  I still love the song, but I'd much rather lay my head on mercy's bed than the sea bed.


This little blog is my little place... to rest my head.



4 comments:

  1. Love it! I think we should change the lyrics to mercy's bed too. Listen to the song again and imagine Steven and Viko singing with you and I as the backround singers waving our little hands around. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny, Jessica. I'll share my famous lyrics blunder with you. I guess I was @11-12 when Mom, Dad and I in the car in Greenville, SC. ZZ Top's song was on the radio, and so I proceeded to try to sing along. Instead of singing "Every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man" I sang, "Every girl's crazy about a shot gun man!" Needless to say, Dad or Mom one picked up on it and asked me what I was singing. I was embarrassed, but they got a good laugh out of it. Love the new blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's hilarious, Amy! I can just picture you at that age singing that song. That's funny in and of itself, much less with the lyrics blunder! Classic. :)

    ReplyDelete